North-South Road Corridor Investment Program
Tranche 4. Artashat-Agarak
Tranche 4 - The Tranche consists of 3 subsections: Artashat-Sisian, Sisian-Kajaran, Kajaran-Agarak road sections
Tranche 4 (Artashat-Sisian section) (upcoming project)
- It is planned to construct a 175 km long road section of technical category II, including bridges and tunnels, with a length of 14 km and 12.4 km accordingly .
- A preliminary design has been prepared.
Tranche 4 (Sisian-Kajaran section) (upcoming project)
- It is planned to construct a new road section with a total length of about 60 km of technical category II, including 4.7 km bridges with a total length of 60 km and 12.5 km tunnels. The longest is the Bargushat tunnel, about 8.7 km.
- The Sisian-Kajaran section has been designed with a new alignment, which is beyond the existing road alignment.
- Taking into account that the Sisian-Kajaran section has been designed with a new layout, which is beyond the existing road layout, the current road will be an alternative road. The current road will be an alternative road. New road construction is planned under Public-Private Partnership. After construction it will be toll road. Construction is scheduled to commence after the selection of a private partner. Detail design was prepared and accepted. Selection of a private partner continues.
Tranche 4 (Kajaran-Agarak section) (ongoing project)
- The construction of the section is financed by the Eurasian Development Fund of the Eurasian Development Bank and the Government of RA.
- The total cost of the project is $ 184,700,000, including loans $ 150,000,000 and the RA co-financing is $ 34,700,000.
- Total length of a road section to be constructed is about 32 km.
- An international tender has been announced in 2018 for the detailed design of the Kajaran-Agarak section. In February 2019, the results of the tender were summarized. Design work is currently underway.